Recipe: Cranberry Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies :: Easy Like A Sunday Morning
Easy Like a Sunday Morning, that’s how the recipes in my “Easy” category will be. Nothing rushed or frantic, nothing with a long list of ingredients. Something that is so easy, you don’t really need a recipe. Something that almost cooks itself or requires no cooking at all.
My oven burns cookies…it drives me bonkers!
So much for my Easy series. It hardly seems easy when I have to toss out a batch of cookies and start all over again < < sigh >>
I should have known it was going to happen. It’s not like it’s a new problem. Here I had given these cookies such a build up. Hubby hadn’t tried these ones yet. It’s a new recipe I toyed with while I away at my parent’s place last month.
Oh well, it’s a great recipe and I need some photos so there’s nothing to be done but to start again. This time I will bake them in my little Convection Toaster Oven. Much more reliable than the full size wall oven. Only problem is I have to bake them in smaller batches, so It will take longer. About 9 cookies at a time longer.
This new cookie recipe is one that required very little tweaking. They were almost bang on good right from the get go! Even my Dad who is not big on sweets was reaching for seconds (and thirds) of these babies.
Funny about my Dad, he’s not big on my cooking. I was there with him for almost a month and the only meals of mine that he enjoyed were my Slow Roasted Pork Chops, Salmon Cakes and Stir-Fry Chicken. Although with the Stir-Fry, he did take a pass on the rice noodles and went for potatoes instead. Very much a meat and potatoes guy who is a Hungry Man Dinners fanatic. My Turkey Taco Salad, Baked Salsa Chicken Breasts and Fabulous Fresh Fruit Salad were just not his cup of tea.
There we were most evenings doing a little dance around the kitchen as we both fixed our own separate suppers. My diet choices for health reasons. His diet choices because he’s 81 years old and not likely to change now.
Oh my, I’ve gotten completely off track here haven’t I? At least it took my mind off those burnt cookies and it was nice to reminisce about time spent with my Dad. Despite our different tastes in food, we enjoyed some quality time together. It brought us closer and that’s always a good thing to feel with one’s family!
Recipe: Cranberry Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Summary: A wonderful combination of Cranberries, Pecans and Chocolate Chips in a Cookie.
Gluten Free | Vegetarian
*** Always refer to packaging labels for the most up to date allergy information.
- 1 1/4 Cups all-purpose gluten free flour mix ***see notes below
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum, omit if included as an ingredient in your flour mix
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 Cup butter
- 3/4 Cup brown sugar
- 1 extra-large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 Cup craisins (dried cranberries)
- 1/2 Cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 Cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the all-purpose flour, xanthan gum (if using), baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl cream together butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla until creamy and well blended.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Add cranberries, pecans and chocolate chips. Mix until well blended.
- Use a small cookie scoop, or drop by spoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets. Bake for 11-13 minutes.
- Allow to cool on the pan for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Please keep in mind that making substitutions will change the final outcome.
- my favourite All-Purpose Baking Mix is from Cloud 9 Specialty Bakery. If you would like to try it, you can pick it up direct from the Bakery at 1025 Royal Avenue, New Westminster, BC. Or check the Find Us page on their website to see if it’s available at a retailer near you. If it’s not, they will ship… email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call them 604-249-5010 to place an order.
To make your own all-purpose gluten free flour mixture for this recipe, here is what I would use
- 1/4 Cup plus 1 Tbsp Sweet Rice Flour
- 1/4 Cup plus 1 Tbsp Buckwheat flour
- 1/4 Cup plus 1 Tbsp Tapioca flour/starch
- 3 Tbsp Millet flour
- 2 Tbsp Potato starch (not potato flour)
Recipe by Laureen
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 11 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Gluten Free
Number of servings (yield): 24
To see a text listing of Laureen’s gluten free recipes, click here
For dairy, egg, nut and gluten free flour substitutions, click here
Scientific research has shown that if women take 0.4 mg of Folic Acid 3-4 months prior to and during pregnancy, the risk of neural tube defects such as spina bifida is reduced by up to 75%. Please consult your physician to determine what is the right amount of Folic Acid for you.
This post is linked to the following events:
Melt In Your Mouth Monday hosted by Jane at Make Ahead Meals For Busy Moms
Made From Scratch Monday hosted by Mary at Living With Food Allergies And Celiac Disease
Gluten Free Recipe Round Up hosted by Jo-Lynn Shane at Musings Of A Housewife
Hearth and Soul Hop hosted by April at The 21st Century Housewife
Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays hosted by Amy at Simply Sugar and Gluten Free
Gluten Free Wednesdays hosted by Linda at Gluten-Free Homemaker
Wheat Free Wednesday hosted by Anne Marie Cain
Allergy Free Wednesdays hosted by Tessa The Domestic Diva
Waste Not Want Not Wednesday hosted by Danielle at Poor And Gluten Free
Full Plate Thursday hosted by Miz Helen’s Country Cottage
Foodie Fridayhosted by Diane at Simple Living and Eating
Gluten Free Fridays hosted by Cindy at Vegetarian Mamma
Allergy Friendly Friday hosted by Cybele Pascal
NOTE: Some of the links on this post are affiliate links, so if you make a purchase by clicking the links, you’ll be supporting Fox in the Kitchen. Thanks!
Copyright © foxinthekitchenblog.com
Latest posts by Laureen Fox (see all)
- Blogpost: Food Bloggers of Canada #FBC2014 - October 27, 2014
- Review: Nordic Ware Eggs Plus Pan & Microwaveable Prep and Serve Bowl Set - October 14, 2014
- Book Review & Recipe: Yummy Supper & Arugula, Delicata, Pomegranate Salad + Pistachios - October 13, 2014