Recipe: Roasted Vegetables With Rosemary
I just love the sweet flavour that roasting brings out in vegetables and I love fresh herbs. Those two things together, makes this a perfect dish in my books.
Serve these vegetables warm with a side salad and/or with some meat for added protein. A grilled skinless, boneless chicken breast would be outstanding.
Leftover Roasted Vegetables are good cold. Add them to salads, or serve them as a snack, or an appetizer with some Thai Peanut Dipping Sauce.
You can roast just one kind of vegetable, or an assortment as you can see I’ve done here. Almost anything goes. Makes a great throw together dish. Use whatever vegetables you happen to have on hand in the vegetable crisper.
It’s important to use only as much oil as you need to lightly coat the vegetables. Too much oil will make the veggies taste oily and somewhat soggy.
Recipe: Roasted Vegetables With Rosemary
Summary: Delicious, nutritious and very easy to make.
Gluten Free | Grain Free | Dairy Free | Egg Free | Sugar Free | Vegan | Vegetarian | Paleo (option)
- 3 Cups of chopped fresh vegetables, use broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, carrots, squash, brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, onions or snap peas
- 14 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed **omit for Paleo
- grapeseed oil, virgin coconut oil, or fat of choice
- 4-5 sprigs fresh rosemary, cleaned and chopped
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Add a tablespoon or two of oil to roasting pan.
- Prep veggies by washing, trimming, slicing and cutting into bite size pieces. Add vegetables and chickpeas to prepared pan. Sprinkle with rosemary, stir until everything is lightly coated with oil.
- Roast veggies for about 30 minutes, stirring and checking for doneness every 10 minutes.
- Add more oil, if necessary. Vegetables are cooked when slightly brown but crisp, yet tender.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, if desired. Serve immediately.
- Nuts, raw or roasted, sliced, slivered or chopped. I like almonds or hazelnuts.
Recipe by Laureen
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan | Vegetarian | Paleo (option)
Diet tags: Gluten Free | Grain Free | Dairy Free | Egg Free | Sugar Free
Number of servings (yield): 4
To see a text listing of Laureen’s gluten free recipes, click here
For dairy, egg, nut and gluten free flour substitutions, click here
Scientific research has shown that if women take 0.4 mg of Folic Acid 3-4 months prior to and during pregnancy, the risk of neural tube defects such as spina bifida is reduced by up to 75%. Please consult your physician to determine what is the right amount of Folic Acid for you.
This post is linked to the following events:
Gluten Free Wednesdays hosted by Linda at Gluten-Free Homemaker
Real Food Wednesday hosted by Kelly the Kitchen Kop
Allergy Free Wednesdays hosted by Tessa The Domestic Diva
Healthy 2Day Wednesdays hosted by Carrie at Young Living Oil Lady
Waste Not Want Not Wednesday hosted by Danielle at Poor And Gluten Free
Wheat Free Wednesday hosted by Anne Marie Cain
Full Plate Thursday hosted by Miz Helen’s Country Cottage
Simple Lives Thursday hosted by Diana at My Humble Kitchen
Pennywise Platter Thursday hosted by Kimi at The Nourishing Gourmet
Wellness Weekends hosted by Ricki from Diet, Desserts and Dogs
Whole Food Fridays hosted by Megan at Allergy Free Alaska
Foodie Fridayhosted by Diane at Simple Living and Eating
Gluten Free Fridays hosted by Cindy at Vegetarian Mamma
Foodie Friends Friday hosted by Lois at Walking on Sunshine
Melt In Your Mouth Monday hosted by Jane at Make Ahead Meals For Busy Moms
Gluten Free Recipe Round Up hosted by Jo-Lynn Shane at Musings Of A Housewife
Make Your Own! Mondays hosted by Lea at Nourishing Treasures
Fat Tuesday hosted by Jill at Real Food Forager
Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays hosted by Amy at Simply Sugar and Gluten Free
Traditional Tuesdays hosted by Melanie at Pickle Me Too
Family Table Tuesday hosted by Courtney at The Polivka Family
NOTE: Some of the links on this post are affiliate links, so if you make a purchase by clicking the links, you’ll be supporting Fox in the Kitchen. Thanks!
Copyright © foxinthekitchenblog.com
Latest posts by Laureen Fox (see all)
- Part 4 (of 6): Paleo And Gluten Free Lunch Ideas - September 11, 2014
- Part 3 (of 6): More Paleo And Gluten Free Lunch Ideas - September 10, 2014
- Part 2 (of 6): Paleo And Gluten Free Lunch Ideas - September 9, 2014