Recipe: Roasted Veggies Grape Tomatoes And Garlic :: Easy Like A Sunday Morning
Easy Like a Sunday Morning, that’s how the recipes in my “Easy” category will be. Nothing rushed or frantic, nothing with a long list of ingredients. Something that is so easy, you don’t really need a recipe. Something that almost cooks itself or requires no cooking at all.
This is one of those side dishes that doesn’t really need a recipe. It’s so easy and versatile, all you need is a handful of whatever greens you happen to have on hand, grape tomatoes, garlic and you’re on your way to making a delicious, naturally gluten free veggie dish!
The cooking method could be just as varied as the greens you choose. Here I used broccoli and roasted the veggies on the barbecue but you can roast them in the oven or sauté them in a saucepan, with great results.
This time, we had our Greens and Tomatoes with some Hazelnut Crusted Cedar Plank Halibut, Roasted Red Potatoes and Raw Carrot Sticks. This side dish is also good served with rice and chicken, or on top of gluten free noodles or pasta. To top it off, you can sprinkle it with shredded cheese, and/or almond slivers.
Recipe: Roasted Veggies Grape Tomatoes And Garlic
Summary: A delicious, naturally gluten free veggie dish!
Gluten Free | Grain Free | Dairy Free | Egg Free | Sugar Free | Vegan | Vegetarian
- 2-3 Cups of a fresh green veggie, use broccoli, string beans, asparagus, zucchini, or snap peas
- grapeseed oil, virgin coconut oil, or fat of choice
- 1 pint (about 1 Cup) grape, or small cherry tomatoes
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Prep veggies by washing, trimming, slicing and cutting in bite size pieces, or in half if very long.
- Add a tablespoon or two of oil to roasting, or sauté pan. Roast, or sauté the veggies for a few minutes until bright green, but still crisp.
- Add more oil, if necessary, and the garlic and tomatoes. Roast or sauté a few more minutes, until crisp tender.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and toppings, if desired. Serve immediately.
- Asiago or Parmesan cheese, grated (use dairy free for vegan)
- Nuts, raw or roasted, sliced, slivered or chopped. I like almonds or hazelnuts (omit for nut allergies)
Recipe by Laureen
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan | Vegetarian
Diet tags: Gluten Free | Grain Free | Dairy Free | Egg Free | Sugar Free
Number of servings (yield): 4
To see a text listing of Laureen’s gluten free recipes, click here
For dairy, egg, nut and gluten free flour substitutions, click here
Why take Folic Acid?
This post is linked to the following events:
Healthy 2Day Wednesdays hosted by Anne at Authentic Simplicity
Gallery of Favorites hosted by Alea from Premeditated Leftovers
Copyright © foxinthekitchenblog.com
Latest posts by Laureen Fox (see all)
- Blogpost: God’s Little Acre Farm - June 16, 2014
- Recipe: Chopped Salad With Apple Cider Vinaigrette - June 10, 2014
- Recipe and Review: Roasted Strawberry Parfait With Nonuttin’ Granola - June 7, 2014