Recipe: No-Bake Chocolate Pecan Coconut Bars :: MMM (Must Make Monday)
I have been a collector of recipes for as long as I can remember but I never manage to find enough time to try all the recipes I collect and that was the reason my MMM (Must-Make-Monday) series was born. The idea is to force myself to choose at least one recipe from my Must-Make-List each week. I will post the results on my blog. Solid idea, or so I thought, but with my recipe collection growing faster than the speed of light, I could use a month of Mondays and still not get to half of the recipes in my collection(s). That’s the other thing, since I started this blog, my collection has become plural. It started with the Must-Make-Page on my site but I also have a Must-Make Board on Pinterest.
My MMM (Must-Make-Monday) series, is good in that it forces me to follow through and use recipes from my collection(s). After using a recipe, I check it off and add it to Made-This (TAB). You can view archive postings from my MMM (Must-Make-Monday) series, by clicking here.
To start things off this week, here are a few recipes, that I’ve come across recently. These recipes have been categorized but are listed in no particular order. Dishes that I would love to try but haven’t gotten around to yet. They are to become the newest additions to my Must-Make-List.
Important *** I have not tagged these recipe links as Gluten, Grain, Sugar, Dairy, Egg or Nut Free, nor have I labelled them as Vegan or Vegetarian. Please review and confirm the recipe meets your dietary requirements before you begin.
- Peanut Butter Pretzels by Gluten Free Homemaker. Holy moly these Peanut Butter Pretzels sure do look good!
- Butter Pecan Balls by Veggie V. No-bake with only a few simple ingredients…these cookie balls = yummy.
- Simple Sunflower Bars by eNourishment. These no-bake bars look sooo good and are simple to make.
- Carrot Cake Macaroons by eNourishment. The word macaroons gets me every time. With carrots, these macaroons are a bit different.
- Almond Cranberry White Chocolate Oat Bars by eNourishment. Another no-bake bar packed with yummy ingredients.
- Grain Free Orange Almond Cookies by Tessa The Domestic Diva. Simple light cookies, perfect for the summer.
- Mini Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies by Simply Living Healthy. I love anything mini. These little grain free, bite sized treats look superb!
- Gluten Free Ratio Rally – Caramel Macchiato Angel Food Cake by kumquat. Ahhh, Angel Food Cake…the one thing guaranteed to have me break away from my moratorium on refined sugar.
- Ganache Filled Chocolate Chip Cookies by Urban Poser. Oh my goodness, I want one of these cookies bad, real bad.
- Blueberry Lavender Mojito by Fresh 4 Five. Yum, includes instructions for Cocktails, Mocktails and Poptails
- Orange Creamsicle “Shooters” by Daily Bites. “Creamy” alcohol-free shooters…sooo cute and what a novel idea as an after dinner treat, instead of dessert. I think these would be great to serve at a baby shower.
- Beat The Heat With Basil Spring Rolls by Nutrition Budgeteer. Spring rolls are easy to make and would be perfect to serve in this heat. I like the use of all the fresh herbs in this recipe.
- A Remix On Martha’s Roasted Corn Cheese Basil And Grilled Tomato Vinaigrette by Grace Laced. I love how Ruth “tweaked the recipe to make it easy for everyday kitchens to enjoy”. I so want to try this salad!
- Roasted Sprouted Chickpeas With Turmeric and Chili by Vegan Richa. Didn’t realise you don’t have to boil sprouted chickpeas before baking. This nutritious snack is cute with the little tails on
- Szechuan Broccoli and Quinoa by Peas and Thank You. Broiled broccoli served on a bowl of quinoa cooked in a flavourful broth. If I don’t want to heat up the kitchen, I bet I can roast the broccoli on the BBQ.
- Golden Thai Curry With Green Beans by Vegetarian Times. Thai curry, coconut milk…spicy and sweet, with fresh in season green beans, yum!
- How Do You Keep Up Your Enthusiasm For This Constant Cooking? by Allergy Free Vintage Cookery. What do you do when you lose your enthusiasm for cooking?
- Canada Gets New Food Allergen Labeling Regulations by Glutenpro. Yay, for new food allergen labelling regulations.
- Herbs Around Home – Lavender and Herbs Around Home – Part 2 by Gluten Free SCD And Veggie. Two comprehensive posts on using Herbs around home.
- Delight Gluten Free Magazine has a new online Gluten & Allergen-Free Recipe Database with Advanced Search Options to help you zero in on your specific dietary needs.
- The World’s Healthiest Foods by WHFoods.
- 10 ingredient shopping list, combined with 5 recipes to make the shopping and cooking easy, by Jules Stonesoup.
- Weekly Gluten-Free Roundup by Maura at Celiac Kitchen Witch. Interested in more Gluten Free Recipes and Reviews? I love browsing through the weekly roundup that Maura compiles. You should sign up to receive it.
To see a text listing of my gluten free recipes, click here
When you cross the street, take my hand ~John Lennon
There’s been lots of activity in the Fox Kitchen lately. Mostly with making snacks and things for us to take camping next week.
Let’s see, I made Homemade Ginger Ale and a couple of litres of yogurt. I flavoured some yogurt with wild blackberries that I found in a vacant lot. Urban foraging
I made granola. It is delicious as it looks. I love adding granola to my yogurt but I haven’t done that since going gluten free as most commercially prepared granola has some gluten in it.
We’ve had a couple of rainy days here on the coast. The cooler temperatures have allowed me to turn on the oven to bake some nutritious and delicious zucchini muffins. Watch for that recipe, I will post it soon.
Tonight for supper, we had some Orange Turkey Meatballs. I made a double batch and froze half of it to take with us camping.
And I made these No-Bake Chocolate Pecan Coconut Bars.
Recipe: No-Bake Chocolate Pecan Coconut Bars
Summary: These bars are soooo good, it’s hard to stop eating them.
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Egg Free | Refined Sugar Free | Grain Free | Vegan | Vegetarian
Inspired by Chocolate Almond Coconut Bars by Free Coconut Recipes
- 2 Cups raw pecans
- 1 1/4 Cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 Cup almond butter
- 1/2 Cup coconut oil, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 large Medjool dates, about 1/8 Cup, or 1 1/2 Tbsp sweetener of choice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup GF chocolate chips
- Prepare 9×9 inch cake pan by lining with parchment paper.
- Add Pecans to a food processor, pulse until coarsely chopped, almost but not as fine as almond meal.
- Add remaining ingredients, except for the chocolate chips. Pulse until it comes together to form a dough.
- Spoon dough in prepared pan, press down and spread dough evenly in the pan. I put my hand inside a small plastic baggy and used it to smooth the dough.
- Refrigerate until set, at least an hour or two.
Melt chocolate chips:
- Microwave Method: Place chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl, microwave for 60 seconds. Stir, return to the microwave for 15 to 30 seconds, depending on how close they are to being melted. Repeat as needed, stirring each time. Stop heating the chocolate chips when they’re slightly more than half melted. Continue stirring, until smooth.
- Stove Top Method: Place chocolate chips in a heat-proof bowl, place the bowl over simmering water being careful that the water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl. Stir until completely melted.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over the pecan base. Use a knife, or the back of a spoon to spread it out evenly. Place pan in the refrigerator for a few minutes until the chocolate sets a bit, cut into bars.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Recipe by Laureen
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan | Vegetarian
Diet tags: Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Egg Free | Refined Sugar Free | Grain Free
Number of servings (yield): 24
This posting is linked to the following events:
Gallery of Favorites hosted by Alea from Premeditated Leftovers
Copyright © foxinthekitchenblog.com