Recipe: Quinoa Adzuki Salad :: Easy Like a Sunday Morning
Easy Like a Sunday Morning, that’s how the recipes in my “Easy” category will be. Nothing rushed or frantic, nothing with a long list of ingredients. Something that is so easy, you don’t really need a recipe. Something that almost cooks itself or requires no cooking at all.
The other day, I had one serious craving for Quinoa Salad. The last Quinoa Salad I remembered eating, was when I made this Quinoa Toasted Corn and Bean Salad.
There was some ripe for eating produce in the fridge and a handful of grape tomatoes I wanted to use up. I didn’t feel like roasting the corn, grape tomatoes, beans and pepitas, as in my old recipe. I wanted something quicker. Something that I could toss together and serve up in a jiffy.
This beautiful, yummy salad was the result. In the time it took for the quinoa to cook and cool for a bit, I was able to chop the vegetables and assemble the dressing.
Recipe: Quinoa Adzuki Salad
Summary: A yummy, quick, easy, good for you quinoa salad.
Gluten Free | Grain Free | Dairy Free (option) | Egg Free | Refined Sugar Free | Grain Free | Vegan | Vegetarian
- 1/2 Cup uncooked quinoa, well rinsed
- 1 Cup water
- 20 grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/3 Cup fennel bulb, chopped
- 1/2 (14oz) can, about 3/4 Cup cooked Adzuki beans, drained and rinsed, or beans of choice
- fresh romaine lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
- 3 Tbsp olive oil or salad oil of choice
- 1 Tbsp unpasturized apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp prepared Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- fresh ground pepper and sea salt, to taste
- avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- small handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 Cup feta cheese, crumbled
- In a small pot, bring water to a boil. Add rinsed quinoa, cover and cook on medium heat for 12-15 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat, fluff with a fork, set aside to cool.
- While quinoa is cooking and cooling, place rinsed beans in a medium size bowl. Add chopped tomatoes and fennel.
- In a small bowl, assemble the dressing.
- Once quinoa is cool, add it to the bowl with the bean mixture. Drizzle dressing over top, toss to blend. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve, assemble lettuce leaves in the bottom of a serving plate or bowl. Top with the salad mix, garnish with avocado slices, cilantro and feta cheese if desired.
Makes 2-4 servings.
Recipe by Laureen.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan | Vegetarian
Diet tags: Gluten Free | Grain Free | Dairy Free | Egg Free | Refined Sugar Free | Grain Free
Number of servings (yield): 2
This posting is linked to the following events:
Wellness Weekends hosted by Ricki from Diet, Desserts and Dogs
Copyright © foxinthekitchenblog.com.
Latest posts by Laureen Fox (see all)
- Blogpost: Food Bloggers of Canada #FBC2014 - October 27, 2014
- Review: Nordic Ware Eggs Plus Pan & Microwaveable Prep and Serve Bowl Set - October 14, 2014
- Book Review & Recipe: Yummy Supper & Arugula, Delicata, Pomegranate Salad + Pistachios - October 13, 2014