Easy Like a Sunday Morning, that’s how the recipes in my “Easy” category will be. Nothing rushed or frantic, nothing with a long list of ingredients. Something that is so easy, you don’t really need a recipe. Something that almost cooks itself or requires no cooking at all.
With the days getting longer and warmer, I’m noticing more salad recipes cropping up. I don’t know about you, but I sure am craving more raw foods these days.
This simple salad is one that I’ve been making for years, I got the recipe from a Naturopathic Clinic.
Here are some of the things that I love about this salad…
- only five main ingredients
- the ingredients are naturally gluten free
- really quick and easy to put together
- a great combination of flavors and colors
- tastes even better after a bit of refrigeration
- the leftovers (if there are any) taste great a day or two later
- stable with the dressing on, making it a nice choice to pack up for a BBQ, picnic or potluck
Recipe: Chickpea and Grape Tomato Salad
Gluten Free | Grain Free | Vegetarian
Summary: With only a few ingredients to prep, this is a really quick and easy salad to throw together.
- 2 Cups cooked chickpeas, or one 19 ounce can, drained and rinsed
- small container (about 1 pint) grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 Cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 Cup cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 Cup red onions, chopped
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- In a large bowl, combine the chickpeas, grape tomatoes, feta, cucumber and onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients and pour over the salad.
- Best if allowed to refrigerate, for at least an hour before serving.
Recipe by Laureen.
- This salad is really stable with the dressing on, making it a nice choice to take along for a BBQ, picnic or potluck.
- Although feta cheese tastes great in this salad, you could prepare it with different types of cheese.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Diet tags: Gluten Free | Grain Free | Vegetarian
Number of servings (yield): 6
This posting is linked to the following events:
It’s a Keeper Thursday hosted by Christina at It’s a Keeper
Copyright © foxinthekitchenblog.com.