Blogpost: 2013 Gluten Free Holiday Recipe Round-Up
How are your 2013 Holiday Plans shaping up? Are you ready for Christmas? Finished your shopping? Did you, or are you doing any baking this year?
I must say, the Fox household is in great shape for Christmas. This blog…not so much. I had a whole list of blogposts laid out in my mind but never got around to publishing half of them. As we wind down this year, there is so much I had planned to share with you my friends.
Ah well, too late now but it’s all for good reason. You see some of our Christmas celebrations got pushed ahead this year. We’ve already had our family’s turkey dinner and exchanged gifts with our youngest son K-man. He is in England with his girlfriend’s family to spend Christmas with her grandparents.
This will be the first time one of our kids will be away from us over Christmas. He is 28 years old. While I miss him dearly, I’m happy for his girlfriend’s grandparents who for 25 years, have not been able to spend Christmas with their children and grandchildren. This is a special year for them and I know the kids feel a strong sense of the value of family. This year, it is the other family’s turn.
So with everything moved forward, I was ready for Christmas last week. The tree went up, the house is all decked out. The Holiday Baking is already done. Christmas Turkey Dinner, done. Shopping and wrapping all done. Nothing left to do now except to sit back and wait for December 25th to arrive.
Which finally leaves me with time to turn my attention to this blog. So here I am hoping I’m not too late to help you with some of your Holiday planning. How about if we start things off with a Gluten Free Recipe Round-up…
Appetizers, Snacks & Dips
- Caramelized French Onion Dip I almost always have caramelized onions in the freezer, which makes this quick and easy to prepare. Best if made several hours or a day ahead to allow the flavours to meld
- Salmon Cakes make mini Salmon Cakes to serve as Appys
- Smoky Orange Hummus by A Harmony Healing. I’ve made this hummus several times and just love it! Especially good on fresh raw veggies
- Sunflower Sesame Seed Crackers Three Ways my most requested party food. Last time I used cookie cutters to make holiday shapes for my grandson’s preschool. Worked like a charm
- How to Make Oven Baked Bacon our breakfast bacon is already cooked and in the freezer for a quick reheat on Christmas morning
- Sinfully Delicious Yeast Raised Waffles I am on a quest to find the best gluten free waffle recipe. This one for yeasted waffles by Grandma Pixie at Cloud 9 Specialty Bakery is the best I’ve tried so far
- Spiced Banana Ginger Loaves by Daily Bites
- Aunt Glo’s Spinach Salad and Dressing this simple quick and easy salad is a crowd pleaser
- Chickpea and Grape Tomato Salad a Fox household favourite
- Grapefruit Beet and Feta Cheese Salad
- Kale, Delicata, Pomegranate + Almonds a Warm Salad for Cold Days by remedial eating. Made this salad last week and loved it. Going to try it with Butternut or Sweet Potatoes instead of Delicata squash next time.
- Big Fluffy Gluten Free Buttermilk Biscuits by The Baking Beauties, or Buttermilk Biscuits by Cassidy’s Craveable Creations
- Roast Turkey Half did you know you can ask your supermarket butcher to cut a frozen turkey in half? Perfect for feeding smaller families
- Cornbread Dressing (Stuffing) best stuffing I’ve ever had
- Roasted Cauliflower & Chickpeas
- Roasted Garlic & Asiago Mashed Potatoes see also, How To Freeze Mashed Potatoes
- Angel Slices by Mama Me Gluten Free these have been on my must-make list for ages
- Best Crispy Rice Treats sending some of these to the Okanagan for my family to enjoy over the Christmas Holidays
- Brown Rice Syrup Toffee by Alea from Premeditated Leftovers (Guest Post on Gluten Free Homemaker)
- Chewy Chocolate Macaroons I don’t use condensed milk that often but when I do, these macaroons are what I make!
- Chocolate Espresso Banana Avocado Mousse by Being Bethany Jane. Made some of this mousse the other day. It’s thick and creamy with a strong coffee/chocolate flavour. Easy recipe to make up a day ahead of time and serve as dessert after Christmas Dinner
- Chocolate Macaroons (Raw) a very popular recipe on the Fox in the Kitchen blog
- Colourful Gluten Free Swirl Cookies very pretty
- Dark Chocolate Meringues made a batch of these to send home for my family to enjoy over the Christmas Holidays
- Florentines by Jules Gluten Free these cookies look so pretty
- Flourless Cranberry Orange Almond Cake we had this cake topped with a Cream Cheese Frosting for Dessert at our Christmas Dinner
- Flourless White Chocolate Macadamia Almond Cookies these cookies are to die for!
- GF White Chocolate And Peppermint Cookies by The Baking Beauties.
- Grain Free Gingerbread Men by Gluten Free SCD and Veggie
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Guest Post by Daily Bites on Simply Sugar and Gluten Free
- No-Bake Chocolate Pecan Coconut Bars
- Soft Molasses Drop Cookies by Daily Bites
- Sweetly Southern Pecan Pie Bars by Love-Fed
- Toffee Bars one of the first things I ever made gluten free. Still one of my favourites
May your Home be filled with Peace Love and Happiness!
To see a text listing of Laureen’s gluten free recipes, click here
For dairy, egg, nut and gluten free flour substitutions, click here
Scientific research has shown that if women take 0.4 mg of Folic Acid 3-4 months prior to and during pregnancy, the risk of neural tube defects such as spina bifida is reduced by up to 75%. Please consult your physician to determine what is the right amount of Folic Acid for you.
This post is linked to the following events:
Disclaimer: this post includes some affiliate links. If you order by clicking the links, the cost to you will be the same, but I may receive a small stipend for referring you. It’s my way of supporting this blogging habit of mine. Thank you for your support!
Copyright © foxinthekitchenblog.com