Blogpost: MMM (Must Make Monday)
I have been a collector of recipes for as long as I can remember. This MMM (Must-Make-Monday) series is where I share some of those recipes. I also have a Must-Make Board on Pinterest, with more recipes that I’ve collected.
Important *** I have not tagged these recipe links as Gluten, Grain, Sugar, Dairy, Egg or Nut Free, nor have I labelled them as Vegan or Vegetarian. Please review and confirm the recipe meets your dietary requirements before you begin.
- Chewy Blueberry Banana Oat Bars and Pumpkin Cranberry Oat Bars by Real Food Real Deals. I want to try both snack bar recipes.
- Melt In Your Mouth Mini Lemon Cups by Savory Lotus. These Mini Lemon Cups do like they would melt in your mouth.
- Paleo Coconut Almond Treats by Gluten Free Travels. These look like a yummy, quick, easy treat to fix.
- Strawberry Summer Cake by smitten kitchen. [[not GF]] local strawberries are in the markets and this is one cake that I would love to try converting to gluten free. Deb uses Barley flour in this recipe but the gluten in Barley is the same as in Wheat. Off limits for someone who is Celiac or Gluten Intolerant.
- Dairy Free Hazelnut Toffee Squares, a guest post by Leanne Vogel from Healthful Pursuit on Real Sustenance. These no-bake bars look like they would make a great treat to bring along on a summer picnic. Leanne has included lots of variations to suit different tastes and allergies, including nut allergies.
- Grain Free Honey Soaked Pistachio Donuts by kumquat. Yum! The title says it all. Don’t you just want to run to the kitchen to make some of these?
- Homemade Baby Snacks by Coconut Mama. I want to make some of these for the grandkids and I might sneak one or two for myself
- Chocolate Coconut Flour Muffins by Living Gracefully. I have a really good recipe for Chocolate Cupcakes but this recipe is grain free and it comes highly recommended by Allergy Free Vintage Cookery.
- Protein Packed Monster Breakfast Cookies by Allergy Free Alaska. Packed with goodness. I could certainly go for having cookies for breakfast.
- Chocolate Coconut Granola by Stone Soup. A simple 5 ingredient recipe and an article about the health benefits of chocolate. Chocolate Coconut Granola for breakfast? Didn’t take much convincing to get me on board with that
- Blueberry Lemon Breakfast Bars by Real Sustenance. Breakfast? These grain free bars look like they would be perfect any time of day!
Soup and Salad:
- Salmon Chowder by The Gluten-Free Homemaker. I will definitely be making this recipe. It’s a soup that I’m sure both my husband and I would love!
- Butternut Squash Beetroot and Avocado Salad by Gluten Free SCD and Veggie. Gorgeous Salad! And I bet it tastes as good as it looks
- Blueberry Quinoa Salad on Balanced Platter, by Kim Lutz of Welcoming Kitchen. A person can never have too many recipes for quinoa salads. At least I know I can’t. Love having quinoa with my salads!
- Cheesy Lentils and Greens by Stealthy Mom. I’ve got some red lentils on hand and this looks like it would be perfect for lunch.
- Pan Fried Tomatoes by Vegetarian Mama. I don’t think I’ve ever had breaded tomatoes before. These sure look good!
- Mexican Lettuce Wraps by Musings Of A Housewife. A Mexican twist on what is traditionally an Asian dish.
- Sloppy ‘Rose’ Lettuce Wraps by Recipes To Nourish. I’ve never been a big fan of Sloppy Joes but love the idea of these Sloppy Lettuce Wraps
- Smoky Orange Hummus by A Harmony Healing. I’m intrigued by this non traditional hummus recipe. I think it would be delicious served on Baby Romaine Lettuce Cups.
- Homemade Hoisin Sauce by Food.com I like to use Hoisin Sauce for Lettuce Wraps but it’s hard to find gluten free. Going to try homemade.
- Steamed Swiss Chard With Soy Sesame Sauce by Jeanette’s Healthy Living. I like Swiss chard but haven’t been to adventuresome with it. This side dish of Jeanette’s sounds like a tasty alternative.
- Mashed Potato Pancakes With a Creamy Lemon Dill Sauce by The Baking Beauties. I spotted some new red potatoes at a Farmers Market and am sorry I didn’t buy any. If I had, we’d be having these savoury pancakes right this minute.
- The Everything Guide To Gluten Free Bread Including Troubleshooting by Allergy Free Alaska. An excellent reference guide for anybody who is venturing into gluten free bread baking.
- Pure Beauty : Firming And Softening DIY Body Scrub by Pure Ella. I was going to try Coconut Oil to help with dry skin but this two ingredient scrub sounds better. Stealing the Hubby’s coffee grounds
- Find Your Yoga Style (Funny Infographic) by MindBodyGreen. A fun chart for anyone who likes Yoga.
- Gluten Free Menu Planning On A Budget New printable guide released by Celiac Central.
- How Does Pre-Washed Salad Mix Stay So Fresh by eat.play.love.more…I always feel apprehensive and a bit guilty when I go for convenience of prepackaged salad mixes instead of local fresh in season lettuce and kale to clean, tear and mix up myself. This article looks at the environmental foot print as well as questioning the chemical wash used to clean and help keep packaged greens. I know fresh from the Farmers Market tastes better and it’s likely much much better for your health too.
- I recently added this new No-Cook No-Bake Cookbook with 101 Delicious Recipes for When It’s Too Hot to Cook by registered dietitian, freelance nutrition writer and recipe developer, Matt Kadey to my Wish List. Fellow Canadian Readers, can order it from Amazon.ca for CND $13.68.
While I have your attention, let me tell you about some recipes from other bloggers that I have made right here in the Fox Kitchen.
You have to hop on over to check out this Kale and Golden Beet Salad With Tahini-Cider Dressing by The Tasty Alternative. I didn’t get a picture of the salad but I must tell you the Tahini-Cider Dressing has earned a place in my regular rotation of homemade salad dressings.
I don’t have any coconut aminos, so I subbed in some Bragg Liquid Amino. Other than that, I made Amber’s dressing as it is written. This was a favourite dressing for my Uncle Bruce while he was here visiting from Australia.
Filtered water, a couple of fresh strawberries, a sprig of rosemary and sunshine are all you need to make this easy and oh so pretty Strawberry Rosemary Sun Tea by Spiced Curiosity.
So pretty, I had to post two pictures. This lightly flavoured water makes for a perfect summer refresher. The one thing that surprised me was how all the colour leached out of the strawberries. It turns the water a pretty pink but I had to fish out the original strawberries and replace them with fresh berries for the pictures.
Strawberry and Rosemary was the only combination I tried but it’s got me thinking about other combinations. Cucumber and Mint, Blueberry and Lemon, Pineapple and Cilantro, Raspberry and Sage? Okay I’m not so sure about that last one but who knows, it might be the next greatest thing.
Speaking of pretty. Look at the colour of this Creamy Carrot and Sweet Potato Yogurt Smoothie. This recipe by Welcoming Kitchen has become my latest obsession in Smoothies. I’ve tried Green Smoothies and absolutely love my Pumpkin Chai Smoothie (that I often make with roasted Butternut Squash) but had never tried any Smoothies with carrots or sweet potatoes.
The first time trying Kim’s recipe, my Grandson E was here visiting. He approved! The only change I’ve made to the original recipe is to add frozen grapes, because I happened to have some on hand and I adjust the quantities to make myself a single serving. Now I know what a perfect combination carrots and sweet potatoes make, you can expect more of that combination to be featured here in the Fox Kitchen.
The one thing I really miss and have not mastered gluten free are nice fresh and crispy Waffles. I had high hopes for these ‘Eat Like a Dinosaur’ Frozen Waffles by Paleo Parents but my old Waffle Iron scorched the waffles and they stuck very badly, even though I greased my supposed non-stick appliance. In the end, I used the batter to make some tasty pancakes instead.
So gluten free Pancakes I’m very good at. Waffles, not so much. Oh well, I’m sure the right Waffle recipe will come by someday and when it does, I’m going to seriously pig out on them
To see archived recipe links from my Must-Make-Lists, click here
To see a text listing of my gluten free recipes, click here
For dairy, egg, nut and gluten free flour substitutions, click here
Copyright © foxinthekitchenblog.com
Latest posts by Laureen Fox (see all)
- Blogpost: FREE eBooks :: Thursday September 18 2014 - September 18, 2014
- Recipe: Cauliflower ‘Couscous’ and Date Salad (& Cookbook Giveaway!) - September 15, 2014
- Part 5 (of 6): Paleo And Gluten Free Lunch Ideas - September 14, 2014