I have been a collector of recipes for as long as I can remember. My old collection was a mish-mash of magazine clippings and handwritten recipes. This Must-Make-List is an online version of a recipe collection. These mostly gluten free recipes are ones that I have collected from various websites and food bloggers. The links on my Must-Make-List are to recipes that I hope to cook one day. In reality though I’m sure I will not get to half of them. That’s where you come in…if I share this collection with you, maybe together we can check them off as having COOKED-THAT!.
It’s been a long time since I’ve done a MMM (Must-Make-Monday) post but that doesn’t mean I stopped collecting recipes. Oh no, my recipe collection is still growing faster than the speed of light.
This MMM (Must-Make-Monday) series is rather labour intensive and I guess that’s why I haven’t posted an update in a while. These MMM posts are not something I can manage weekly any more but maybe I can get one out once a month or so. Of course, you can get instant updates if you follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter. I link, pin and tweet the recipes as I collect them.
To start things off, here are links to some recipes, that have made it on to my MMM (Must-Make-Monday) list. I’ve categorized them but listed them in no particular order. These are recipes that I would love to try but haven’t gotten around to yet. They are to become the newest additions to my Must-Make-List.
Important *** I have not tagged these recipe links as Gluten, Grain, Sugar, Dairy, Egg or Nut Free, nor have I labelled them as Vegan or Vegetarian. Please review and confirm the recipe meets your dietary requirements before you use it.
Snacks: and Appys:
- DAVIDsTEA Alpine Punch Glazed Nuts by Zain Saraswati Jamal. Everyone knows I’m nuts about Tea. Nuts roasted in a tea base
- Creamy Hot Artichoke Dip by Tessa The Domestic Diva. I LOVE Artichoke Dip!! Must try this
- Personal Pumpkin Pie Grain Free Sugar Free by Anne Marie Cain. Perfect! A recipe from last fall but a single serving of pumpkin pie…now, I could go for that any time of the year!
- Dairy Free Skor Bar Cups by Healthful Pursuit. Skor is my all-time favourite candy bar. I will be trying this healthier version!
- Cranberry Apple Mini Pies by The Nourishing Gourmet. The recipe name and picture had me but Kimi’s description sealed the deal. I will be making these little lovelies.
- Lemon Coconut Delights by Whole Natural Life. So cute and made with good for you coconut oil.
- Condensed Milk Pound Cake by Daisy’s World. Very pretty presentation! Not gluten free but can convert using an all-purpose gluten free flour mix.
- Slice and Bake Grain Free Cookies by Deliciously Organic. A gluten free, grain free dough that is sturdy enough to make roll and cut out cookies? I’ve tried making Sugar Cookies before but never had much luck with using cookie cutters with them.
- Spiced Chili Chocolate Cookies by Sensual Appeal. With Chili Chocolate and Cayenne spice I imagine these cookies are like a Mexican Hot Chocolate.
- Alyssa’s Quinoa Coconut Macaroons guest post on Simply Sugar and Gluten Free by Alyssa from The Queen of Quinoa. I have a weakness for macaroons.
- Cinnamon Almond Butter Cookies by A Harmony Healing. Love the grain free ingredient list and the crunchy look of these cookies. All the cookies I’ve made lately have been soft cake like ones. I’m ready for some crunch
- Grain Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies by Real Food Forager. Uses shredded coconut to give the texture and softness of an oatmeal cookie.
- Gluten Free Lemon Coconut Cupcakes by Tartelette. Oh my goodness I want one of these cupcakes! Yum
- Toasted Coconut Chai Macaroons by Renaissance Life. Recipe by Gabriela, someone else who loves Chai Tea almost as much as I do! And coconut, love that too! Perfect recipe in my books
- Grain Free Tagalong Cookies aka Meltaways by Real Sustenance. Oh my goodness these cookies look crazy good!
- Vanilla Chai Cupcakes With Coconut Cream Frosting by My Delicious Life. These Cupcakes look and sound delicious! I’m going to have to pick up some Coconut Cream.
- Carrot Ginger Layer Cake With Orange Cream Cheese Frosting And Candied Carrots by Martha Stewart. Not gluten free but love the look of the Candied Carrots draped down the sides of this cake.
- Fruit Pizza With A Maple Quinoa Crust by Almonds And Avocados. I can’t decide which I want more, a fruit pizza, or the maple quinoa crust!
- Almond Shortbread Cookies by S.A.H.M. i AM. I usually associate Shortbread Cookies with Christmas but these frosted Almond Shortbread Cookies look like they would be delightful in the Springtime with a cup of Tea.
- Macadamia Coconut Cookies With Cacao Nibs by Tasty Eats At Home. Sharing…a link to this recipe post but not the cookies…hiding those
- Avocado Lime Popsicles by A Harmony Healing. Time to start making Popsicles again. Avocado in Popsicles are really good. If you haven’t tried them, you should.
- Cranberries Cream Smoothie by Daily Bites. This is a pre-Christmas 2012 recipe. I love smoothies and this one by Hallie looks so pretty. A good way to use up some of my frozen cranberries.
- Coconut Cranberry Muffins by kumquat. Love the ingredients in this recipe. Look forward to giving it a try.
- Blueberry Lemon Muffins by kumquat. A favourite blogger with one of my favourite flavour combinations.
- Buckwheat Waffles by Live Right Be Healthy. I’m on a quest to find the perfect recipe for gluten free waffles…this might be the one
- The Best Easiest Grain Free Bread Ever by Anne-Marie Cain. How can you go wrong with The Best and Easiest?
- Banana Bread (Grain Free) by My Kitchen Crowd. Regular wheatful banana bread is one of those things that I used to love but couldn’t stand the heartburn it gave me. This grain free version looks like just the thing to get me back on the banana bread band wagon
- Gluten Free Dinner Rolls by Sarah Bakes. Light and fluffy rolls using pysillium husks. I also have some rice bran I might add to these rolls.
- Teff Sandwich Bread by Live Free, Gluten Free. Reminds me of my old favourite Rye Bread.
- Cinnamon Raisin Bread by Hope’s Kitchen. I haven’t had Raisin Bread in eons. Excited to try this recipe.
- How To Make Lentil Bread by Awaken Your Taste Buds. A simple flatbread recipe that I must try.
- Quinoa Blueberry Mini-Loaves by Scratch Mommy. I’ve baked with Quinoa Flour but have never used cooked quinoa in any of my baking. These mini-loaves look really good and I happen to have a lot of bean flour on hand. Making these!
- Cauliflower Bread by Live Right Be Healthy. Buns made of cauliflower? What a versatile veggie!
- Gluten Free Cheddar Beer Bread by The Baking Beauties. I have tried to convert an old wheat Beer Bread recipe to gluten free but my attempts have not been successful. Maybe with this recipe I will have better luck
- Crunchy Quinoa Salad by Cooking Quinoa. A salad that’s all about texture. Crunchy, with lentil sprouts (love them!), nuts and seeds.
- Creamy Waldorf Salad by Dancing Carrots. I especially want to try the dressing in this recipe.
- Asiago Quiché Cups by Jazzy Gourmet Cooking Studio. Love the use of thinly sliced potatoes to form the crusts for these mini-quiche.
- Easy Cider Roasted Vegetables by Gluten Free Goddess. I often roast vegetables. This cider sauce sounds like a yummy addition to roasted vegetables.
- Peruvian Quinoa Chowder by Laura B Russell. I’m not a big soup person but there is something very appealing about this one.
- Pistachio Crusted Salmon With Broccoli Pesto by With Style And Grace. An Instagram find. I love pistachio crusted salmon!
- Simple Tuna Cakes by Ingredients Of A Fit Chick. Another Instagram find. I think these fish cakes would be great along with a salad for lunch.
- Baked Beans In My Slow Cooker by Everyone Can Cook. Baked Beans…one of my fondest memory foods. When I was little it seemed to take forever for that pot of beans to bake but oh were they ever worth the wait!
- Spice Crusted Healthy Salmon with Roasted Ginger Beets by Go Dairy Free. The main ingredients in this recipe are all things that I love. Salmon, beets and ginger.
- Sweet or Savoury Carrot Casserole by A Cozy Place Called Home. Sweet or savoury, I don’t think it matters, carrot casserole is so delicious!
- How To Make Perfect Roasted Garlic by Flour On My Face. I’ve always just wrapped a trimmed garlic bulb in foil. I’m going to have to try adding olive oil before roasting garlic.
- Asian Lettuce Cups With Ground Turkey And Green Apple by Steamy Kitchen. A new twist on a dish that I just love. Must try this ASAP.
- Homemade Spiced Almond And Date Milk by With Style And Grace. Now doesn’t this just sound too yummy?
- Almond Milk And Almond Flour by Live Right Be Healthy. If you’ve ever thought about making your own Almond Milk and Almond Flour, this is a good tutorial.
- Homemade Gifts In A Jar by Tip Junkie. I saved this link from last Christmas but there are ideas here that would be great year round.
- Best Blender Comparison: Vitamix vs Blendtec by Incredible Smoothies. This is a really good side-by-side comparison of these popular blenders.
- Essential Oils 101 – Using essential oils for skin conditions by Nourishing Treasures. Detailed article on using essential oils for skin conditions. Everything from sunburn and wrinkles to eczema and callous.
To see archived recipe links from my Must-Make-Lists, click here
To see a text listing of my gluten free recipes, click here
For dairy, egg, nut and gluten free flour substitutions, click here
Here’s what’s been cooking in the Fox Kitchen…
Wild Blueberry Avocado Energy Smoothie by A Harmony Healing. A wild blueberry twist on a green smoothie…loved it!
Chocolate Chip Brown Rice Crispy Cookies by Tasty Eats At Home. Love the idea of adding Crispy Brown Rice Cereal to cookies to give them some crunch. These are going to become a Fox Family favourite.
Coconut Pancakes – sorry I can’t remember who’s recipe I tried but I have a difficult time with Coconut Pancakes. They’re very delicate and tend to fall apart when flipping or moving them from pan to plate. If anyone knows of a good recipe for Coconut Pancakes, please leave a message in the comment section, or send me an email laureen(dot)foxinthekitchen(at)gmail(dot)com
Gluten Free Creamed Corn by Farm Flavor. The Hubs and I used to eat canned Creamed Corn all the time but because there’s gluten in the canned variety, we no longer buy it. I thought a homemade version would be better than canned but I think I got carried away with trying to make it too fancy. I added some herbs, and didn’t really care for the result. The consistency was good and The Hubs liked it, so it wasn’t a total bust.
This Glazed Lentil Walnut Apple Loaf by Oh She Glows, sounded so good! It turns out that I don’t really care for Lentil Loaf. I thought I would. The flavour combination is great but there is something about the texture that I’m not fond of. It was better when sliced and fried in butter. I would still recommend the recipe (the loaves look good don’t they?). Lentils are great, especially if you follow a Vegan or Vegetarian diet.
Roasted Sprouted Chickpeas by Vegan Richa. Love these! The sprouted beans made for the best roasted chickpeas I’ve ever had.
Cilantro Pineapple Smoothie by Lindsay Loves Veggies. Cilantro and pineapple were two things I had never tried in a smoothie. I happened to have both on hand and gave it a go. Had to change the ingredients to use what was on hand. My version was without Avocado, used frozen honeydew melon instead. Without Chia seeds, used whole ground psyllium husks instead. Without romaine lettuce, used baby kale greens instead. I found it so refreshing, I made it two days in a row. The second day I added some fresh mint! A refreshing ‘green’ smoothie combination that I will certainly be having again!
No pictures but I’ve made these Pumpkin Spice Cakes With Pecan Praline Sauce by Simply Living Healthy a few times. One time I used butternut squash instead of pumpkin and the cakes were delicious. Love this recipe and will be making it again and again!
Another one that I didn’t get a picture of but we really enjoyed was this Almond Butter Roasted Cauliflower by Healthy Life Lessons. I had never tried roasting veggies in almond butter. It sure was tasty! This recipe is a keeper.
Now we get to the part where I usually upload a new recipe for you but this blogpost is already a long one, so I decided to split the post in two. I will upload a new recipe for Cinnamon Streusel Muffins later today.
I hope you enjoy this recipe collection. If so, please leave a comment. I would love to hear about your favourites. Which of these recipes might you add your recipe collection?
To see a text listing of Laureen’s gluten free recipes, click here
For dairy, egg, nut and gluten free flour substitutions, click here
Scientific research has shown that if women take 0.4 mg of Folic Acid 3-4 months prior to and during pregnancy, the risk of neural tube defects such as spina bifida is reduced by up to 75%. Please consult your physician to determine what is the right amount of Folic Acid for you.
This post is linked to the following events:
Gluten Free Recipe Round Up hosted by Jo-Lynn Shane at Musings Of A Housewife
NOTE: Some of the links on this post are affiliate links, so if you make a purchase by clicking the links, you’ll be supporting Fox in the Kitchen. Thanks!
Copyright © foxinthekitchenblog.com